The requirements and recommendations made by Microsoft will work. We have found, through our own usage, that increasing available resources prior to installation will prevent problems related to growth, patches, maintenance and will extend the life-cycle of your server.
Hardware prices are so economical at this time that pays to get the system that you will be needing soon, instead of the system that you can just get by with now.
Some things to remember about SBS 2003:
- Licensing Model
- SBS 2003 is based on a server and CAL (client access license) model that is similar to Windows Server™ 2003
- Two different CAL type are available -- a device CAL and a user CAL
- Product Parameters
- Installation of ALL SBS 2003 components are limited to a single server
- SBS 2003 must be at the root of an Active Directory domain
- SBS 2003 is designed for businesses with ≤50 users/devices
- SBS2003 Supports ≤75 users/devices
Contact Wizard Systems, Inc. for additional information
or to arrange for an evaluation to see if
the Microsoft Windows Small Business Server is right for your business